Groupe E is a leading and highly trusted Swiss energy provider headquartered in Granges-Paccot (Fribourg, Switzerland). Its own production plants (proprietary and holdings) consist of hydro and thermal power plants, which produce almost half of the 3 TWh sold annually. The company supplies energy for over half a million people in the cantons of Fribourg, Neuchâtel, Vaud and Bern. Together with the group companies, Groupe E carries a comprehensive range of energy products and services in widely differing areas: renewable energies, district heating, distribution of natural gas, electrical installations, energy efficiency, electromobility, engineering, and electrical domestic appliances. The group employs over 1,500 people.
Group E has decided to launch a project with ER Consulting with the objective of:
• Simplify processes, increase efficiency and productivity.
• Exploiting synergies between companies of the group
• Implement an application architecture that supports group implementation and business performance
• Better exchange of information, facilitate communication between companies
• Reduce interfaces
• Eliminate manual tasks and reprocessing, source of errors and workload
• User-friendliness for end users
GDPM is the project management method used since the beginning of the project. The official start of the project took place with a GDPM Planning Workshop where all main stakeholders did attend.
GDPM gives Group E a very good overview of the whole project. It is also an excellent way to plan and communicate within the project team and with the steering committee.