- A Mission Breakdown Structure helps to set up a project with a clearly defined mission
- The mission describes the end status of the to be achieved solution
- Mission achievement depends on what the project delivers, but is also dependent on actions of others
- MBS shows what the project should deliver and what others (including external stakeholders) and line organization have to do
- The MBS is hierarchically organized - the overall mission on top and all supporting "sun-missions" are placed underneath
- Normally the MBS is develop at the beginning of a project and involves same audience as a GDPM planning session
Look at the below Presentation and Article from Erling S. Andersen. Have also a look at the example from e real life logistics project.